Sunday, June 14, 2009

Where in the World is Abbie?

No, I haven't gone from Nashville to Norway, Bonaire to Zimbabwe, Chicago to Czechoslovakia and back (huh!), although that would probably be nice.
So where exactly have I been for the last month and a half? Well, here's the thing: I like blogging. Really, I do. However, I've become a teensy bit obsessed with all of these wonderful home decorating blogs out there. Every time I get on here, I get so wrapped up finding out what The Nester, Lindsay, Sarah, or Kimba have come up with, that I never get around to writing anything. I could sit in front of this computer and read every.single.post they have ever written. If you haven't checked out their blogs, you should. Seriously. (WARNING: Reading these blogs may cause you to become addicted. I'm just sayin'.) Reading these blogs has truly inspired me. You see, my house is a bit, well, boring. I always thought that I had to have lots of money to waste in order to make it pretty. Turns out I don't. I can shop thrift stores, garage sales, etc. and come up with creative ways to repurpose stuff. Sounds easy enough, right? The problem lies in the fact that I'm a bit of perfectionist. I don't want to try something if I'm not absolutely positive that it will turn out like something that belongs in Better Homes and Gardens. But these blogs, they have changed my life (well, the home decorating aspect of my life). I am ready to dedicate my school-free summer to an Extreme Home Makeover: Budget-Friendly Edition. Once I get the house nice-n-clean, I will post some pics, but please try not to Rate My Space. Improvements that will be Designs on a Dime are soon to come! I plan to Dress My Nest with Myles of Style! (Too many home decorating show references? Sorry.)
And...enough about me. Harper has also done a lot over the past several weeks. Not only is she crawling all over the place, but she is supah fast! I mean you turn around, and she's already half-way down the hall. And yes, that does mean that she's getting in quite a bit of trouble these days. We are trying to teach her "no, no." I'm quite positive she understands what we mean, because she often turns around and gives a smirk. She's a smart, sneaky one, I tell ya. But she's also incredibly fun. She's standing up, cruising furniture, and trying (with all her little might) to walk. The most she's taken is three steps. She'll be running around before long! (New weight loss plan? I think so!) Oh, and she's starting to figure out how to give "sugars", and boy is she good at it. She opens her mouth wide and gives you one of those good, open mouth, soap opera kisses. It really is so sweet! It can be tiring, but I am loving my SAHM status right now. She's a pretty cool kid!


Crawling through the kitchen chair

Standing on her tippy-toes!

Loving her book!
Eating is fun

And this one is just precious....


2 comments:

  1. I didn't think it was possible, but Harper gets cuter every day. She's adorable! I love the picture of her with her book. She looks so serious!

    ReplyDelete