Friday, April 8, 2011

Hayden - Eight Months


Hayden,

You are eight months old and weigh 15 lbs.

Whoa, this has been such a busy month for you! I'm not exactly sure where to start!

You are still going to sleep around 7:30-8:00 each night and waking up around 7:00 the next morning. On a very happy note for mommy and daddy, you can now sleep without being swaddled! I wasn't sure you'd ever give that up. It was hard for a few nights, but you eventually got over it, and you are such a good sleeper now. Naps are still an issue. You are doing better, but we need to find a way to extend them longer. You are taking three naps a day, and I'd like to find a way to condense it into two. It would be a much better schedule for mommy.

You are in LOVE with your food! You get so excited when it's time to eat, and if we aren't shoveling it in there fast enough, you are sure to let us know. You are also still nursing five times a day (and I don't know when we'll drop one of those. You seem stuck in that schedule.)

Girl, you are on the move! You started out this month by army crawling with your arms, and by the end of the month, you are crawling full-speed! I can already tell that you are going to get into quite a bit of trouble. You have also figured out how to pull up to your knees. In fact, the day after we lowered your crib, we found you sitting up in there like a prisoner held captive! Also, you can go to a sitting position all on your own. See, I told you - you have been a busy girl!

You are starting to show your true "little sister" colors. You have become quite fascinated with Harper's hair and see absolutely nothing wrong with pulling it. You also like to take her toys. And chew on her shoes. And steal her blanket. You know, all the annoying little sister stuff.

And speaking of true colors, that I'm-a-redhead-temper has started to flare up. Don't get your way? You pitch a fit. Someone takes a toy from you? You pout. A stranger says hello to you? You act like you lost your best friend. I think I'm in for a lifetime of sisterly squabbles.

You still love to say "dada," and I guess we can add "nana" and "baba" (bye-bye?) to that list. You also learned how to wave and connect that to leaving (or the other person leaving). And I must say that your little wave and smile is the cutest ever. Sorry, other moms.

Every day, I am more and more in awe of you. You are just the sweetest little girl, and we are getting to see more of your personality. I remember when we went for an ultrasound with you, and the tech told us you would be our "active" baby. I thought, no way, she's going to be so laid back. I think the tech was right. You have so much to learn and want to be involved in everything! I can't wait to see what the coming months bring! Oh wait, maybe I can. You are growing up just a bit too fast.



2 comments:

  1. Uh-hum.... what's this "all the annoying little sister stuff"?????

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know...the stuff Emilie did to us. Ha!

    ReplyDelete