Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Hope Y'all Had a Happy Fourth!


I know we sure did! Our Fourth of July was spent over the course of two days. On Sunday, we had the fam over for some grilled shrimp, burgers, and fixins. It was so yummy! (Many thanks to my hubby who did pretty much everything. I'm a little useless these days.)




After dinner, everyone hung out...mostly watching Harper play on her swing set. I don't know what that child's going to do once we introduce a new baby to the mix. She's so used to getting all the attention for herself!

Before the night came to an end, we decided to give Harper a little taste of fireworks. We lit some sparklers and some fireworks we thought wouldn't make too much noise. She absolutely LOVED the sparklers!

On Monday, we attended a cookout at our church. It really was a good time for everyone to get together and eat, fellowship, and of course play games. Harper ran around like a maniac, but she sure did have a good time!




"Holding" baby Emaleigh



I'm glad she enjoyed her "first" Fourth. Last year, she was a little too young to enjoy anything. Plus, our obnoxious neighbors didn't make it too fun last year. Yes, starting your fireworks show at 2 am is not very considerate, people. Fortunately, not the case this year, and boy were we glad!



No comments:

Post a Comment