And this one too.
But I must admit, this stay-at-home-mom thing is tough.
I've always thought I wanted to be a SAHM; that it was my dream job. (And maybe it still is.) Being a teacher, I've tossed around the idea of going back to school for my Masters, but then I would think, why waste the money? If I'm just going to stay at home, it would pretty much be a lost investment. I looked forward to the days when I could volunteer at the elementary school, sit in the carpool line, make teacher gifts...you get the idea.
I've had a chance to peek into that life this summer. Granted, it's a little different since I'm pregnant. (Ok, maybe that makes it a lot different.) There are times when Harper and I do absolutely nothing because I just don't have the energy. But truth be told, many days...well, most days it's easier to teach 131 high school freshmen than it is to keep up with my almost-2-year-old. She's such a busy body! I tell ya, there's no point in cleaning up her messes throughout the day, because she will invariably mess it up again. Sometimes she thinks she being helpful, like when she tries to "fold" the laundry, but she only ends up making a bigger mess. I try not to get mad and thank her for her help, but it can be so frustrating!
Fortunately, I'm getting to do a bit of a trial run. This fall, I have the opportunity to teach part-time. I'll have three classes, and then I'll be done for the day. I'm hoping this affords me more time with my girls (wow, it's weird to make it plural), keep my house clean, and possibly accomplish some of those goals I mentioned earlier. And maybe I'll get so used to it, that transitioning to a full-time SAHM won't be so bad.
I say all of that to let you know I have a new respect for SAHMs. If anyone thinks they have it easy or that it is a nothing-but-fun job, they've got it wrong. These women work harder than many people I know. More power to you!

i love that second picture =)
ReplyDelete