Here's the deal: We have a chocolate lab. As many of you know, these dogs are NOTORIOUS for tearing apart houses - furniture, carpet, doorways, drywall...just watch/read Marley and Me. You get the idea. But we somehow lucked out. We ended up with a dog who had no desire to chew anything that was ours. This is a chocolate lab, folks. Odd, right? Granted, she chewed up plenty of things that were hers - dog beds, blankets, tennis balls - but nothing of ours.
We got off the hook!
Yeah, right. Let's go back a few weeks ago. I walk into Harper's room one morning after she's woken up, and I find black stuff all over her face. I mean on her lips, cheeks, and even some on her forehead. I'm thinking,"What in the world has this girl gotten into?" I don't see anything in her bed, and it doesn't appear that anything is wrong, so I just chalk it up to infant craziness. Who knows, ya know? And then it dawns on me.
Her crib is black.
Yes, my friends, that's right. She had been gnawing on her crib. And yes, she does have one of those little plastic things to protect the top of the rail, but she had those bottom teeth just a'goin' on the side of the rail. Whaddya do?
And then, we find this.
Right again! That would be two little grooves on the side of my coffee table. And you noticed she has a top tooth coming in.
So while we were able to avoid the destruction of the house for the past three years, looks like we're going to pay for it with the baby. Who would've thunk it?

just precious....
ReplyDeleteHi, just wanted to stop by to say how much I've enjoyed your posts. Thank you !
ReplyDelete