Saturday, January 1, 2011

A Little Holiday Catch-Up

I hope you all had a merry Christmas and happy New Year! I know things around here have been a little hectic. I'm sure many of you can sympathize. I thought I would share a little about our Christmas. It was definitely different this year since Harper actually understood what presents were. I still don't think she entirely grasps the concept of Santa Claus, but it sure was fun having him stop by our house to drop off gifts for the girls!

#1) Harper and her Daddy made cookies for Santa. She was a good helper...until we realized she stuck her finger in most of the cookies. Oh well. They still tasted just as good.

#2) We started our Christmas activities with a stop by my aunt's house (dad's side) on Christmas Eve. We didn't stay long, though. Hayden had a complete meltdown, and we figured it was better just to head on home. I'm not exactly sure what was the problem; she's usually such an easy, happy baby. I think the new surroundings were just a bit overwhelming for her.

#3) Hayden's gifts from Santa! She got a play mat, pajamas, book, elephant toy (which she loves - good move, Santa!), pretty dress, and lots of stocking goodies.

#4) Harper's gifts from Santa! She got a tricycle, pajamas, Toy Story Color Wonder, pretty dress to match Hayden's, and lots of stocking goodies (most of which were Dora related).

#5) Our pretty little tree. We had more presents this year than any other year. I guess that's what having kids will do to you.

#6) We said goodbye to Elvis, our elf on the shelf. Harper still looks for him and can't quite comprehend why he is gone.

#7) First stop on Christmas Day: Mom and Dad's house (otherwise known as Ma-Ma and Papa). And yes, that is her tree. She can be a bit ridiculous when it comes to Christmas (something she acknowledges), but it's just because she loves us so stinkin' much.

#8) Haydie-baby hanging out.

#9) Harper playing with the new Gourmet Kitchen. The gift is for both of them, but obviously Harper is the only one that can play with it right now. Let's hope she's willing to share once Hayden becomes mobile!

#10) Second stop on Christmas Day: Nana and Bobby's house. And it started snowing! Woo hoo!

#11 & 12) This is what we woke up to on Sunday morning. Unfortunately, we didn't get a chance to play in it. Harper crashed (still recovering from the Christmas Day activities) and once church rolled around, most of it had started to melt away. Maybe this means we'll have snow another time, though. Who knows!

Once I became a "big kid", I will admit that Christmas lost most of its magic for me. However, the magic is back in full force and bigger than ever now that I have my girls. Being Santa is SO much cooler than getting gifts from him. I can't wait for the years of writing letters, sitting on Santa's lap and whispering what you want, understanding the magic of Elvis, and anticipation on Christmas morning. Of course, I also want to instill in my girls the importance of giving, something I hope they will one day love to do!





No comments:

Post a Comment