I'm walking into Target (which is a great place to hang out when it's really hot). I've got Harper on my hip, my purse and her bag on my shoulder, and I'm carrying her buggy seat. It may sound like a lot, but honestly, it's not so bad. As I'm putting everything into my shopping cart, a lady walks in and starts helping me load my stuff. I thank her, and this is the rest of our conversation...
Lady: Honey, I saw you walking across the parking lot, and I thought, "I sure wouldn't want to be her."
Me: Yeah, I'm sure I look like misery walking. *polite chuckle*
Lady: So when are you due?
Me: August 4th.
Lady: Wow, so you've got to go through the whole month of July? Your husband should be shot.
Seriously. That's what she said. I didn't even say anything back. I just laughed...like really loud. When I told Clint about it, he didn't find it quite as funny (for obvious reasons), but I have to say that lady put a smile on my face. Thank you, complete stranger lady in Target.
No comments:
Post a Comment