Sunday, June 20, 2010

Our Trip to the Zoo

Now that our lives have slowed down a bit, we decided to take Harper on her first outing to the zoo. We took the stroller and strapped her in, but needless to say, that didn't last long. Harper is an avid lover of animals - just ask our neighbors who are always having to share their doggies and kitty with us. She also has no fear when it comes to animals, which is a little scary. She'll approach a dog, cat, frog, or even a bug without thinking twice about it. It's cute, but it can also cause a slight wave of panic.

Anyway, here are some pictures from our trip. Do you think she had a good time?
This was a bit unnerving. When we sat down with our backs to the glass, the lioness started pawing at us. I'd like to think it was playful, but I'm not too sure it was.


After our visit, we headed to the Rock Garden for a picnic. (This was the same place Clint proposed to me and the location of our engagement pictures.) No one else was there, so we had the entire place to ourselves. It was awesome! We didn't end up staying long, because Harper was hot, tired, and worn out...and so was I! Walking around the zoo in 90 degree weather is not easy for a large pregnant woman. All in all, it was a great day, and I'm sure Harper would say the same!

1 comment: