Yesterday, Harper came into the kitchen, and it was clear she was ready for a snack. (Yeah, like her mama, she likes to eat all.day.long.) For her morning snack she usually has something like Goldfish, but she kept demanding cereal. So naturally, I grabbed a small bowl and filled it with Cheerios. She was so excited, and I couldn't quite figure out why...until I saw this.
If you can't tell, she's moving all of her Cheerios from the bowl to her play set. Yes, those are toys that came with an Elmo kitchen set where you are just supposed to pretend to eat. And what you can't see is that there is actually a sticker of a fried egg in the blue dish; it's a frying pan! (After she finished the Cheerios, I noticed that the frying pan actually had red spots all inside it. I guess that means she also transferred her raspberries from earlier in the morning.)
Chipmunk cheeks full of cereal.
Say cheese for mommy!
*On a sidenote, if anyone has suggestions for the ugly orange chair in the background, I'd love to hear them. The chair is an antique, so I don't want to do much to change the structure of it, but the color has got to go. Anyone know how to sew a slipcover?
No ideas about a slipcover, but do you know of anyone who can reupholster(sp?) it? That way, you can pick out your own material for it. Hope you guys are doing well! Harper is adorable!
ReplyDelete