
I'm finally sick and tired of carrying around this extra baby-weight, and I'm sure those close to me are tired of hearing me gripe about it. See, here's the thing - I'm actually back down to my pre-pregnancy weight. The problem is that it's moved to different places, hence the muffin top around the tops of all my pants. The only place I really gained weight was in my stomach, and well, it never totally went away. Granted, I haven't done much to try to get rid of it. I'm not exercising (yeah, had to give up on Jillian Michaels), and my eating habits have been terrible since I had Harper. I guess I thought it would just 'magically' disappear. I feel that it's time I finally take some action. I decided that the 30 Day Shred was just a little too drastic. I'm going to start with baby steps, and then if I feel good enough to come crawling back to Jillian, then so be it. So here's my new plan:
#1) I'm going to start getting up at 5:30 am (again) and walk with Aubrey. Not run, but walk at a good, fast pace. Hey, I did it up until I was 36 weeks pregnant, so I figure I can do it now.
#2) There's a really good article in this month's Parent's magazine about how to get back your abs. I'm going to start that pronto. (Hopefully the hubby can help me with the exercises.)
#3) I have to start watching what I'm eating. I've been really bad about eating sweets - Valentine's Day candy, Katie's wedding goodies, and sweets at Sunday potlucks. Plus, I used to make sure that I ate at least 5-7 servings of fruits and vegetables every day but no so much here lately. I'm going to make sure that I start eating better quality foods.
Effective Date: 4/13/09 (yep, that's Monday)
Like I said, baby steps, but I think these are baby steps in the right direction.
Anyone else have any pointers? Advice? I'm open to suggestions! (And I also ask for some accountability, something Clint has already agreed to help me with.) Wish me luck!

i would walk with you but that would mean i would have to drive at 5:30am... don't think so.
ReplyDelete