Our oldest "baby" is turning 3 today! Hard to believe she's so big. Where did all the time go? Seems like just yesterday we were bringing her home in the car, watching her adjust to her gangly legs, suffering through sleepless nights, and "potty training" her. Wow...having a dog really did prepare us for a baby, although I will say getting Aubrey to sleep through the night was a bit easier than Harper.
But poor Aubrey, there's no party, no celebration, not even a present. I promise; we are not bad parents, but having a baby really does change everything. I just don't have the time to spend with her that I used to. No more morning walks; no more letting her chew her bone in my lap; no more wrestling with daddy in the middle of the living room. When visitors come over, she can't understand why they aren't here to see her. And nowadays, this is where she spends most of her time....
Any advice for a chocolate lab with a broken heart????
no advice... but this makes me sad for aubrey :(
ReplyDelete