Sunday, February 1, 2009

A Day in the Life of Mrs. Richey

Time: Wednesday, 2nd period
Place: Room B206
Students are currently reading Romeo and Juliet. Because of the lack of preparation for class on Tuesday, students were told to expect a quiz the next day.
Lights up, cameras, action...

Mrs. R: Ok everyone, clear your desk. You only need a writing utensil.

Boy student: We're taking a quiz? What are we taking a quiz on?

Mrs. R: (sarcastically) Astrology. You didn't know that?

Boy student: (frantic) Astrology? What's that?

Girl student: The study of the stars, duh.

Five minutes into the quiz...

Girl student: What! This quiz isn't on astrology!


Yes, welcome to my world. Hard to believe they're 15, right?

But hey, I can't complain. At least I have a job in this tough economy.

3 comments:

  1. bahaha!

    You're header looks good! Better than mine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHAHA!! That is SO funny!

    You know Abbie, I imagine you must be such a good teacher. When reading this scene of your life, I pictured Pledge Master Abbie--perhaps a scene from 2003, when we didn't know all the member's crazy names! haha. Bury your smiles, kids! This is not astrology!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is pretty pathetic! I pray that it gets better for you and them, but mostly you :)

    ReplyDelete