Tuesday, February 3, 2009

I'm Such a Lucky Gal...

So I'm sure we've all heard about the lady who recently gave birth to octuplets. It wasn't until today that I found out some more details about her situation.


  1. She has six other children, and all of her children were conceived through in vitro.

  2. She's single.

  3. She's a full-time student. (So how did she pay for the in vitro?)

  4. She's currently living with her parents.

  5. Her mother, who is keeping the other six children while she is hospitalized, has said that she is leaving once her daughter returns home, no longer offering her services.

Now, I could use this opportunity to berate this lady for maybe making some poor choices (and trust me, I do think she's lost her mind), but I'm not going to do that. Instead, I'm wondering how she is going to be able to function with eight newborns and six other children. After having Harper, there were times when I thought I was going to lose my mind. I was tired, irritated, frustrated, and plum worn out. I don't know what I would do with EIGHT little Harpers. I think what really gets me is the fact that she's single. I don't know how I would have done this without my husband. Having him has been such a blessing. He's taken her when the crying has just been too much for me (and that's all much better now). He's never tried to get out of changing a dirty diaper. He's helping out around the house - cleaning, doing laundry, and cooking. He has literally been my right-hand man. As bad as some of the times may have seemed, compared to her situation, I've got it made, and for that I am extremely thankful.


3 comments:

  1. Wow!! I heard about that girl, but I didn't know her whole situation! That is insane! You are a lucky gal, Clint is a lucky guy, & Harper is a lucky baby for the both of you!!! You all are just a wonderful lucky family and we love you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that picture of the two of them. I am glad Clint is doing so well with her... who only knows about Chris if that day comes! We'll be around that weekend of Jamboree- I'd love to see you!

    ReplyDelete