Saturday, December 4, 2010

Christmas Card Photos, Take 2

Well dear friends, we tried again to get pictures for our 2010 Christmas card. We tried a couple of weeks ago, but this little diva



wouldn't have it. Seems she has a mind of her own. I'm not exactly when it started, but she apparently doesn't feel the need to smile for the camera.

We thought we'd try again this weekend, but there were too many factors going against us. Not only was it REALLY cold outside, but it was too dreary to get good sunlight. On top of that, The Diva decided she would become the Handy Helper. Instead of looking at the camera herself, she just worked on getting Hayden to look at the camera. So sweet of her to want to help, but, uh, we kinda needed her to look at the camera, too.


Needless to say, we didn't get any good ones today. I don't know if we'll have time to try again. Cards need to be made soon to get shipped and mailed out in time for Christmas.

But while we're on the subject of Christmas cards, let me talk about how much I L.O.V.E. Shutterfly. I could play around on there all day long! I've used them for Harper's birthday invitations, Hayden's birth announcements, and books for both girls. I love their products and customer service, and they are so good at getting things to you in a timely manner. I was looking through their Christmas cards, and I think I like this one.


Since we couldn't get one awesome picture one this year, maybe I could come up with several good ones for each month. Sounds good to me! It won't be quite as fancy, but then again, I'm not much of a fancy gal. It would also be nice to show the progression of our family. A few with Harper by herself, one or two with my large pregnant belly, some of Hayden, and a couple with the girls together. What do you think?

Here are some others that struck my fancy:
This one would be good with a professional photo. And I don't know about you, but I love things that are monogrammed. I think it gives that personal touch.
If pictures today would have worked out, I would have loved to use this one. The colors would have matched perfectly with the girls' pink fair isle dresses. Plus, it's a little whimsical and fun, too.
Shutterfly is also a great place for gifts. In fact, I think I might make myself a nice Christmas gift with one of their wall calendars. A desk calendar would also be great...something I could take to work with me! And because Shutterfly offers free storage, I've been using them to back-up my pictures, which is convenient when it comes time to make one of their awesome products!
I think I've decided which card I will use, so you'll just have to wait and see which one shows up in the mail!

2 comments:

  1. You're girls are just precious! I love the one with a picture for each month. Hope they have it next year so I can use it for Katie Brooke! Have you read about their 50 free card promotion when you blog about them? Here's the link where you can find the details.

    http://blog.shutterfly.com/5358/holiday2010-blog-submission-form/

    They say to give them a few days to get a code to you once you're through, but it didn't even take them 24 hours to get me mine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenny, I actually saw the post from your blog. Haha! I love Shutterfly, and use them for almost everything. Plus, they are always doing promotions for free stuff!

    ReplyDelete