Monday, December 6, 2010

Sick Baby = Sweet Baby

Right after I post about Harper being "not so affectionate," she woos me over with a move like this.

Bless her heart, she's been battling a cold for about the past month. We thought it was getting better, but over the weekend, it came back full-force. Clint took her to the doctor today (isn't he a good daddy), and it turns out she has a sinus infection. For the FIRST TIME EVER, my poor baby is on antibiotics. I guess there's something about being sick that makes you just want to love on your mama. I know that's how it was with me. I can remember being laid out on the couch, sipping my orange gatorade, and wanting her just to rub my back. Guess the same would go for Harper. Tonight, she's followed me around, yelled "Come back!" when I left the room, and then did this: As I was waiting for her to "pee pee on the potty," she stood up, walked over to me, and kissed me square on the forehead. Gotta love that girl.

I need to get better about taking pictures throughout the day, but if I had done that today, I'm pretty sure Harper would have shot me when she was 16. The poor child has a reddish-purplish nose from us having to wipe it so much. She looks pitiful!

1 comment: