Thursday, December 23, 2010

I Am Thankful For...

1) Two super sweet girls. Hayden is more interactive with each passing day, and it just amazes me. She laughs at you, grabs your face and gives kisses, and loves playing with Harper. And being able to be home more with my girls affords me the opportunity to build better relationships with them. Harper and I have definitely grown closer since I've gone to part-time, and I wouldn't trade (many of) our afternoons for the world.

Harper cheesin' with Dora

Hayden in her Bumbo


2) Christmas! Clint and I are by no means rich, but we are blessed enough to give our girls an excellent Christmas. I must say that being Santa Claus is so much more fun than actually receiving gifts from him. I don't know that you can ever truly experience Christmas until you have children. Harper gets so excited over Santa Claus, snowmen, stars, and our Elf, Elvis. Seeing her face on Christmas morning is going to be the most amazing feeling (and I'm sure it will get better as she gets older).

3) Awesome parents. This kinda builds on #2, but now that I am a parent, I realize the sacrifices they must have made for us along the way. We never went without, and though I didn't know it at the time, we were spoiled rotten. Ok, not rotten, but pretty spoiled. I am so thankful for them, especially now. Mom's advice can be invaluable when it comes to raising the girls. Plus, she's a pretty decent babysitter. Haha.

As the big day approaches, Merry Christmas to you all! I hope to have a post about Christmas soon after!


No comments:

Post a Comment