Sunday, December 5, 2010

I Am Thankful For...

When I first started this blog, I had the great idea to start a "series" post, but that obviously didn't carry on. I think I was a little too enthusiastic about trying to be like all the other blogs out there. But alas, I'm going to give it a shot again. I said earlier that I wanted a journal, and one of the things I wanted a journal for was to record things that happened during the day that either made me happy or made me realize the blessings in my life. I think maybe I should use this forum to do just that at least once a week. I can't make promises; it just might fall through the cracks again. But I do think that this will help me keep things in perspective.

#1) Harper is not always the most affectionate child. She definitely has a mind of her own and is quite independent. (When she was a baby, we said it was because she was too busy to sit and cuddle; she had too many new things to learn.) Because of that, she doesn't always want you to hug and love all over her. It has to be on her time. Yesterday morning while she was watching cartoons (a time she doesn't normally want to be disturbed), I bent over, kissed her, and said, "Good morning, Harper." Now, she didn't look away from the TV, but she replied, "Good morning, Mommy." Cutest thing ever.

#2) I am truly thankful that Hayden seems to love Harper despite the fact she has been kicked, punched, sat on, stepped on, moved around, poked, and even had a golf ball thrown at her head. I love having sisters, and I am thrilled that my girls will get to share that special relationship. Right now, I think Harper tends to view Hayden as competition, but she does have her sweet moments where she will dote on her. (But I wouldn't leave her alone with Hayden, if you know what I mean.)

#3) My husband has a lot of neat things going on right now, and he's super pumped up about it. I know one of his hopes in doing a lot of this is that I will eventually be able to stay home with my girls. That would mean the world to me. It's a little hectic right now, but I can't wait for the day when we can spend our days reading, learning new things, visiting new places, etc...

I think three is a good number, so I'll stop for now. Hopefully these little nuggets throughout the week will keep me focused on Him and what He has given me and not the daily drudgeries that tend to drag me down.


No comments:

Post a Comment